Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Wrecked

Ouch!

That's what I felt this morning when I woke up. My chest, arms and abs were killing me. I would stretch my legs and felt my joints crack.

Normally Tuesdays are days when I torture myself. Two days during the week I go into the gym and without Sarita cracking the whip behind me, I make sure that I torture myself on the treadmill, rotating stairs, and/or the arc-trainer.

It wasn't happening today. I was in such pain that I thought I coming down with the flu.

Tonight, I thought about it. I hadn't had workout that beat me up like that in a while. And after the pain goes away, I'm much stronger afterward. All the parts that hurt me right now, I've massaged to ease the pain. I've realized that "wow these are actual muscles popping out" and "these are actual lean parts of my body".

I can't wait to get up tomorrow and wreck some more of 'em

2 comments:

Gil and Cecile Velez said...

Hey Patrick,

Did you go to the gym and work-out today? I did. Yup, spent an hour at Fitness First. Around 30 minutes in the threadmill and another 10 in the bike, while the lady besides me was pushing an hour already.

I know I could stayed longer and pushed farther... but Cecile was picking me up at the gym and we had to go to the supermarket.

But it was really the sauna that was the best part. Sweat. Sweat. Sweat.

Hope you are having a good weekend,
Gil and Cecile

Pat_V said...

Great to hear you are going to the gym as well.

I did go to the gym the next day and got the crap kicked out of me!

Sweat is a good thing...