Sunday, February 3, 2008


First off, I'd like to thank everyone that has taken the time to make comments to these posts. Its been years since I have seen some of you. The words of encouragement are fantastic.

Those words of encouragement really came in handy at the end of this week. Because of job I was working that took place in Westchester, I had to change the regularly scheduled beatings, err, I mean sessions with Sarita, to 7 in the morning, for both our Wednesday and Friday sessions.

For me it meant getting up at 5:30 to prep for the rest of day and to arrive early enough at the gym to do my pre-beating warm-up .

I know that I'm spoiled. Spoiled rotten. There are a lot of people that have to get up at that hour on a daily basis, namely Ben and Renelle. I'm in awe of those two, especially since they manage to get up and be functional at a time before the sun rises and have doing so been for years. Like most Manhattan residents, if I'm not working out, I can get up a half an hour before work, take a quick shower and arrive on time (provided that I don't get shafted by the subway) .

At that time of the morning, the vibe at the gym is very very different. There are less people and it seems less intense and scene-y. It was actually easy to get a treadmill. Looking out of the gym windows over Broadway I saw that the streets and sidewalks was practically empty. It seems more active in that area at 4 in the morning than it does at 7.

Those comments really helped me lug my butt out of my dark bedroom at that hour. They also made me feel better about getting my butt back into bed at 11 that evening so I could get proper rest instead of staying out. Thanks again to all!

2 comments:

Michelle Ngo said...

Wow, you are doing way better than me. I have been trying so hard to get my butt up earlier to work out but no success. You really look great and happy. Keep at it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pat! I almost didn't recognize you in the pictures!!!! You look really great =) I can see why Renelle is brimming with pride! If only I had 1/10th of your dedication (sigh)... Keep up the good work!

Chris