Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Birthday

Friday March 14 was Patrick's birthday. Of course he didnt let me know until today that he turned 36 on the day of our last training session...maybe because he thought I would have planned something especially evil for his birthday? Patrick, thats so rude...I would never do that!

Anyway despite not knowing in advance that it was Pats b-day, today Pat shared with me some of his birthday surprises. As it turns out, Pat has nearly accomplished one of his goals. More specifically, he now fits comfortably into one of his brothers old jackets. Also, after recent weigh-ins we have found out that he is far from the plateau he had reached a few months ago, and is about to break the 260 mark. Thats right, we are getting closer to having that 240 party (start shining your bocce balls)!!!

Lastly, in an effort to further improve his health status, Pat told me today that he is going to try once more to give up smoking. His method for success this time you ask???? The answer (and I quote) is to have "an oral replacement". I had my own ideas of what that replacement might be, and when I stated what I thought it was, there was instantaneous blushing on Pats part.

Viewers: if you care to wager a guess as to what Pat might consider an appropriate oral replacement for smoking, please comment here.

3 comments:

Gil and Cecile Velez said...

Hey Patrick,

We probably have an idea of what that oral replacement is but would rather keep it to ourselves until you hit 240!

Please tell your Ate Cecile she also needs to hit the gym. Sayang her corporate membership at Fitness First!

Keep that sweat Patrick!

Cheers from Manila.
Gil and Cecile

Anonymous said...

Pat's oral replacement:

http://tinyurl.com/2mql5j

Pat_V said...

I'm shocked that you needed to find a picture of that online...I would have thought that you would have just taken a picture of the ones lying around your house!